You are here

Primary tabs

Connecting with the business community during your studies will help you kick start your HR career. As a student member of CPHR Alberta, you can get involved with the community and connect with HR professionals from across our jurisdiction.
Student membership is available to individuals who are:
  1. Enrolled in full-time or part-time studies, with two or more courses per semester, in any HR degree, diploma or certificate degree program at an accredited post-secondary institution
  2. Enrolled in a continuing education program, taking two or more courses per semester toward an HR certificate or diploma
  3. Internationally educated professionals in Human Resources enrolled in a career bridging program, Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) program at a recognized post-secondary institution or immigrant-serving agency
You must provide proof of continued enrollment at the start of each calendar year to keep your student membership. To prove you are a student, send one document proving your student status. The document can be a letter from your post-secondary institution a screenshot of your current schedule or official working transcripts.
The document must include:
  • Your name
  • Your school
  • The program and courses you're enrolled in
Students Members are not eligible to write the National Knowledge Examination® (NKE). In order to write the NKE you have to transfer to Associate membership status.
Please note: A degree from an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada or an international degree that has been assessed by the International Qualification Assessment Service as equivalent to a Canadian degree is required to qualify for Associate membership and attain the CPHR designation.
Click here for instructions on how to apply for membership or contact us for help.