You are here
Associate Membership with CPHR Alberta is the first step towards becoming a CPHR. As an Associate Member of CPHR Alberta, you are eligible to write the National Knowledge Exam ® (NKE), your next step to becoming a CPHR. Learn more about how you can get your CPHR Designation here.
Options for your Associate Member Application:
1. Associate Member – Practising professionals in human resources who have completed a Bachelor degree in any field or discipline
To apply for membership as an Associate Member via the degree route:
- Provide documentation from a granting university in the form of official transcripts (Please note - official transcripts must be received directly from the institution in order to be accepted). Click here for our mailing address.
- If the degree was completed outside of Canada, have International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) send a basic assessment of the degree directly to our office.
2. Associate Non-Degree Member - Practising professionals in human resources who have not completed a degree
To apply for membership as an Associate Member via the non-degree route:
- You don’t need to provide any evidence of education.
- CPHR Candidates without a degree will be required to demonstrate eight years of professional human resources experience to qualify. This experience must be submitted within ten years of passing the NKE.