You are here
March 1-2, 2019 | Kamloops, BC
About HRC West: Western Canada's Premier HR Case Competition
CPHR Alberta, along with our partners at CPHR BC & Yukon, bring together teams of students from post-secondary business programs across Western Canada to test classroom learning by merging theory with real-life simulations in a competitive environment. Student teams will be faced with a comprehensive business case that explores a pressing HR challenge identified by working CPHRs.
HRC West gives students:
- Access to a unique platform for the exchange of ideas with HR students from across Western Canada
- The chance to meet and network with HR industry leaders
- The potential to win prize money
- A one-of-a-kind learning experience rolled into an action-packed weekend
- Be a registered student of a participating educational institution
- Be actively enrolled in one or more undergraduate courses at the time of the case competition
- Have taken or are taking undergraduate Human Resources courses
- Be physically present at the host institution for the duration of the competition irrespective of their place of residence
- Able to present fluently in English to the judges
The teams are composed of three students and one alternate. Individual schools are responsible for assembling their teams, and all team members must be enrolled in the same post-secondary institution.
In order to prevent judges from bias towards teams, each team will submit a team name when they register for the competition. The team name should not reveal the school name – the judges will only learn the school name when the winners are announced.
How to Compete
- Get a team together (3 members and 1 alternate)
- Find a coach - coaches are usually an instructor at your school or individuals with an academic and practical HR background
- Download and complete the registration package
- Submit the completed Registration Package via email to Kelly Aslanowicz before December 14, 2018
Sponsor HRC West
Are you interested in supporting Canada's future HR professionals? Contact Kelly Aslanowicz, Senior Manager, Business Development to learn about what sponsorship opportunities work for your organization.