You are here
About CPHR Alberta
CPHR Alberta is the professional association dedicated to strengthening the human resources profession and upholding the highest standards of practice.
With 6,000 members in major cities across Alberta, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut, CPHR Alberta is the third largest HR Association in Canada.
CPHR Alberta is the Registration Body in Alberta for the CPHR
CPHR Alberta is the exclusive registration body in Alberta for the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources (CPHR) designation, which is the professional standard in Canada. The CPHR demonstrates HR expertise, experience and ethical management of today’s human capital. CPHR Alberta is a provincial member of CPHR Canada.
Together with our members, we are working towards becoming a self-regulated, recognized profession in Alberta.
Building strong organizations through people.
To protect the best interest of the public by focusing on continuous education, regulatory competency and ethical standards by engaging with the business community to prepare our members for success.
Our Guiding Principles
- Professional recognition for the CPHR designation and the profession.
- Practicing human resources at the highest of professional standards.
- Leveraging research and understanding future trends affecting the profession of human resources.
- Developing programs and partnerships to support our member’s professional development needs.
- Support organizations to create a sense of belonging and inclusivity.
CPHR Alberta Strategic Plan
With the guidance of the CPHR Alberta Board of Directors, the Association finalized our first-ever Strategic Plan in 2020. Through input from members and our stakeholder community, we were able to identify a number of themes that have shaped our strategic priorities for the Association moving forward. Click here to read our Strategic Plan