You are here
Discover one of CPHR Alberta's most valuable member benefits
Hundreds of CPHR Alberta members have benefited from our mentorship program. These relationships help mentors and protégés raise the standard for human resources in our province by creating an exchange of skills and best practices. The evolution of our profession is taking place in workplaces across the province. Mentorship allows HR professionals an opportunity to hear first-hand about challenges they may be facing, and the unique solutions that CPHR Alberta members are finding to these situations.
Applications for the CPHR Alberta Mentorship Program are open! Submit your application by January 12th.
Mentoring relationships generally last for six months. The first intake of mentoring relationships take place between January - June 2018, and the second will take place from July - December 2018. Questions? don't hesitate to contact us.
Be a mentor in the CPHR Alberta Mentorship Program so you can:
- Become a subject matter expert
- Develop your leadership and coaching skills
- Re-energize your career
Be a protégé in the CPHR Alberta Mentorship Program so you can:
- Get a solid understanding of professional culture and practices
- Expand your professional network
- Gain a better understanding of where you want to take your career, and how you can get there
About the CPHR Alberta Mentorship Program:
CPHR Alberta takes a hands-on approach when matching our mentors and protégés. We ensure a match where both individuals benefit based on their experiences and expertise. Each match is based on the needs of the individuals involved. Mentors and protégés commit to a six-month relationship and meet virtually or in person.
We offer two streams of mentorship: Leadership Mentoring and a Career Development option. Based on feedback, we've updated the program to reflect the goals of participants.
The Leadership Mentorship Stream
- Matches experienced CPHR members with up-and-coming HR leaders. It provides an opportunity for seasoned members to mentor protégés who want to increase their strategic HR knowledge and leadership skills.
The Career Development Stream
- Matches members with HR experience to rising stars in the HR field in Alberta! This stream provides an opportunity for mentors at different stages in their career to provide guidance and advice to those who are new to the HR profession.
CPHR Alberta Mentorship Program Requirements
The Leadership Mentoring Stream
Mentors: Must be a CPHR with at least eight years’ experience in any area of HR.
Protégés: Must have at least three years’ experience in some aspect of HR, with preference given to CPHRs and CPHR Candidates.
The Career Development Stream
Mentors: Must have at least five years’ experience in any area of HR. Do not need to be a CPHR.
Protégés: Will have less than three years’ experience in some aspect of HR, and they do not need to be a CPHR. This stream is ideal for students, new graduates, young professionals, or someone transitioning into HR from another field.
- Download the Mentorship Handbook for a complete overview of the program
- Already in a Mentoring relationship? Download the Mentoring Agreement Extension and email back to Lynda
- Mentoring Agreement - to be completed after you are matched
- Mentoring Learning Plan Worksheet - to measure your goals and success