You are here
How to Influence Others – Leading Without Power - Full Day PD Session
*Attending this event counts as 7.5 CPD hours
*Please review our Cancellation Policy before registering
About the Session
Power, influence, and politics. Is 2018 the year you improve your ability to use these, and better succeed as an HR leader? Your HR department operates more effectively when your organization understands the role you play in the businesses’ success. In this one-day workshop, you will learn how to navigate power and influence and build your “political acumen” to become a stronger, more credible leader in your organization. You’ll take away a clearer understanding of who you need to influence and how to effect positive change within your organization through relationships.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand their natural influence style, and its strengths and weaknesses
- Map the political networks and identify formal and informal leaders within their organization
- List the five forms of power and how they affect influence in relationships
- Apply the six principles of persuasion and know how to leverage them intentionally
- Explain the trust “formula” and its importance in building relationships and persuading others
- Use empathy and active listening techniques to build rapport and credibility with various stakeholder groups
This seminar will benefit senior-level HR leaders with 10+ years of experience working in small, medium and large organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
About the Presenter: Julianna Cantwell, CPHR
Julianna Cantwell is the President of JUNA Consulting Inc., a strategic human resources consulting practice that helps organizations improve individual and group performance. Specializing in learning & development for 20 years and communications for more than 15 years, Julianna logs over 100 days a year speaking and facilitating learning.
Julianna is a graduate of the University of Alberta, NAIT, and MacEwan University and is a Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR). She is a past President of the Human Resources Management Association of Edmonton (HRMAE), a former Director on the Board of Alberta Women Entrepreneurs (AWE), and is currently Vice Chair of the Self-Regulation Policy Advisory Group for the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources – Alberta (CPHR-AB). Julianna also serves as a Director on the Board for Little Warriors.
- 8:00 am to 8:30 am – Registration
- 8:30 am to 12:00 pm – Seminar
- 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm – Lunch Break
- 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm – Seminar
- 4:30 pm – Seminar Ends
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities