You are here
CPHR Alberta Bootcamp - Full Day PD - Calgary
*Attending this event counts as 6 CPD hours - please save the confirmation of attendance email for your CPD log.
*Please review our Cancellation Policy before registering
About the Event
HR Bootcamp is a one day workshop designed to provide a broad base of knowledge to students and emerging HR Professionals. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn from experienced Guest Speakers, who will each be covering an aspect of the Competency Framework. Who should attend? New & emerging HR professionals!
About the Sessions
Lesley MacKinnon - Moving Beyond Physical Safety - A Case Study
Moving beyond physical safety is not only an expectation in law; it is now becoming an expectation in our society. The protection of a worker's psychological health by proactively mitigating the risks associated with psychological injuries. What does that look like? How do we maintain a worker’s social well-being and foster positive psychological health? And what is psychological safety? How does psychological safety impact psychological health?
This session will explore the relatedness between physical and psychological safety and its impact on the workplace and the psychological health of its workers. Through a case study, the session will also outline what steps can be taken to move your health and safety programs beyond physical safety and get at the heart (and I mean heart) of what it means to maintain psychological safety and the social wellbeing of workers in our workplaces.
This presentation will showcase successful practices that have shown to positively impact the mental and social well-being of workers in the workplace. This session will delve into the challenges, successes and learnings of an employer’s journey to implement the changes to Alberta OHS legislation with respect to psychological health and safety in the context of a healthcare setting.
- • Understanding the impact of psychological health and safety in the workplace
- • Steps taken to move beyond physical safety
- • How to maintain psychological safety and social well-being of your workers
- • Integrating psychological health and safety into an OHS management system
Steven Armstrong - The HR Professional’s Dilemma: Leading When You Have Full Responsibility, But No Authority.
Discover these learning outcomes:
- How to ensure everyone knows how they fit into the mission by clarifying your objectives
- How to apply proven HR Management skills to the most complex situations to Diagnose the World of Other People
- How to succeed without authority by partnering with your Boss while influencing your Peers
Megan Van Huizen - Addictions and the Workplace – Working with your employees
Accommodating employees with addictions or other related disabilities. This topic is particularly relevant with the legalization of cannabis. Whether your organization has policies or employee assistance programs already in place to address these issues or you are looking for information to support your own business this session will:
- give you information on managing or accommodating addictions and other related disabilities
- address issues and concerns of the risks to the employees and employer
David Dial - Organizational Orienteering: Leaders as Guides
The session will focus on HR’s role in developing leaders and managers to guide people in achieving both success and fulfilment in the workplace. Balancing success and fulfilment means being able to balance logic and emotions. Central to this is creating a continuous feedback culture. We will explore the importance of emotional intelligence in the workplace, cultivating leadership styles, building trust and reducing anxiety in the workplace. Processes and tools for supporting this will also be discussed.
- 8:00am - 8:30am - Registration & light breakfast
- 8:30 am - 8:4 5am - Opening Remarks
- 8:45 am - 10:15 am - What exactly is psychological safety?
- 10:15 am - 10:30 am - Break
- 10:30 am - 12:00 pm - The HR Professional's Dilemma
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm - Lunch
- 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm - Organizational Orienteering: Leaders as Guides
- 2:30 pm - 2:45 pm - Break
- 2:45 pm - 4:15 pm - Addictions and the Workplace
- 4:15 pm - 4:30 pm - Closing
Catering will be provided throughout the event!
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities