You are here
2019 A Year in Review and Trends of 2020 - Speaker Series - Wood Buffalo
*Attending this event counts as 1.5 CPD hours - please save the confirmation of attendance email for your CPD log.
*Please review our Cancellation Policy before registering
About the Event
We will review 2019 and what it looked like - the significant changes that were made and stand out rulings and cases. We will also look towards 2020 and what is trending in Employment Law especially as we look towards Bill C 30, psychological health in the workplace, impact of cannabis and other anticipated topics.
About the Speaker
Vicki Giles is a Partner with McLennan Ross. Her practice focuses on the areas of employment, human rights, privacy, labour and administrative law. She advises employers on a wide variety of employment, personnel and labour issues including collective bargaining, terminations, policies and procedures, discipline, the duty to accommodate, social media related issues, performance management, discrimination, harassment, and general employee management. She assists employers with the accommodation of employees under the human rights legislation, and defends complaints made against employers to the Human Rights Commission. Vicki also practices in the expanding area of privacy law and provides advice to clients regarding both provincial and federal private sector privacy legislation.
- 5:30 pm to 6:00 pm Registration
- 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm Dinner and Presentation
- 7:30 pm to 8:00 pm Q/A & Casual Networking
Dinner will be provided upon your arrival!
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities