You are here
Why Recruiters Still Exist, and What Makes a Top Recruiter?
*Attending this event counts as 1 CPD hours - please save the confirmation of attendance email for your CPD log.
*Please review our Cancellation Policy before registering
About the Event
It’s 2019. The internet is filled with job boards such as Indeed, Workopolis, Job.com, LinkedIn, Kijiji, Jobbank, ResumeBulletin and many more. On top of that, there are thousands of posted opportunities on career sections of the websites for every city, province, company, association and organization. There are computer programs that can scan resumes and “select” those containing specific words or phrases. To make things more complicated, there is a never-ending list of psychometric/aptitude/personality testing tools that assess your experience, personality, leadership style, honesty, work ethic, communication style, decision making style and how you handle stress.
With all of this information available, why do recruiters still exist? What value does a recruiter bring to your organization and how do you find the recruiter that best suits you and your organization? What should you be looking for to find a top recruiter?
This session will discuss the evolution of the search industry and how, with the right recruiting relationship, it can bring value to your organization in our current technology-driven and globally-connected world.
- What value does a recruitment firm bring to your organization?
- When should you engage a recruitment firm and when can you do the recruitment yourself?
- What is your role when you hire a recruiter?
- How to assess a top recruiter.
About the Speaker
Rick Vogel is the Founding Principal of The Vogel Group, a boutique executive search firm based in Edmonton. For over 12 years, he has led more than 200 leadership search assignments for a wide range of organizations.
His university degree is from the University of Alberta and has earned his ICD.D designation.
- 7:30 am to 8:00 am Registration
- 8:00 am to 9:00 am Presentation
- 9:00 am to 9:30 am Q&A and Casual Networking
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities