You are here
Have you made the decision to study Human Resources? A career in human resources is the opportunity to partner with the organization to develop its employees and influence key business strategies. People are the key resources for most businesses and a key to success is how a business manages its Human Resources talent they bring to the organization.
The Central Alberta Human Resources Scholarship was established to provide the amount of $1000 annually to be awarded to a resident of Central Alberta who will be or is currently enrolled in a post-secondary program that focuses on Human Resources Management.
Conditions of Eligibility: The applicant must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this award:
- High School Diploma received from a Central Alberta High School
- Permanent residence must be Central Alberta
- Individuals enrolled in full-time or part-time studies and working towards a degree in Human Resources Management or Business program at an accredited post-secondary institution
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 GPA or 85%.
- Demonstrated leadership or community involvement as evidenced by a resume prepared by the applicant or a reference letter
- Consideration may also be given to the financial need of the applicant
Application: The application must include:
- Completed application form, including responses to the short answer essay questions
- A current resume
- Documentation from the educational institute confirming your participation in the program
Submission Date: A fully completed application must be received by June 30, 2017.
Submit the completed application by fax to (403) 341-4177, by email to email@example.com, or mail to:
Red Deer & District Community Foundation
Suite 203, Mid City Plaza
4805 48 Street
Red Deer, Alberta T4N 1S6
Telephone: (403) 341-6911
Award Notification: The successful candidate will be notified by email on August 1, 2017. The scholarship will be paid to the successful candidate’s post-secondary institution.
Preference will be given to those actively pursuing a career in Human Resources and who are contributing to their community and/or student affairs.