Help set the direction for your Association on the CPHR Alberta Board of Directors.
From self-regulation and the future of our designation, to relationships with other provincial HR associations, to the sustainability of CPHR Alberta itself, the Board of Directors is the governing voice of CPHR Alberta. Our volunteer Directors share their time and talent to represent the interests of fellow CPHR Alberta members and stakeholders.
Board volunteers provide oversight and guidance in a number of key areas. In 2018 your Board heard from members, and provided a decision on the educational requirements for our CPHR designation. We participated in the Association’s Day of Action at the Alberta Legislature to continue our momentum toward self-regulation. Most important, we engaged with hundreds of members at events across the province.
From November 26, 2018 to January 4, 2019, nominations were open for five three-year Director positions commencing in June 2019. Nominees that reflect the diversity of CPHR Alberta’s demographic and geographic diversity were encouraged to step forward. The call for nominations has now ended. Elections will take place later this spring.
CPHR Alberta Board of Directors recruitment process
Ensuring the CPHR Alberta Board of Directors has the skills and experience to guide the Association is a priority. Our nomination process has changed in the past two years to reflect this goal.
In 2018-2019, Board nominations and elections will follow a six step process:
1. Nominations opened on November 26, 2018 to CPHR Alberta Chartered Members. Members were encouraged to review the position profile, including qualifications and desired skills.
2. Our online form makes nominations easier. It should only take a few minutes to complete the form, then upload your resume, and add your contact information. Click here to start
3. The CPHR Alberta Board of Directors HR Committee will review all of the nominations and create a shortlist of the most qualified candidates following the close of nominations on January 4. Your members of the committee are Todd Bassett (Chair), Candace Hawkins, Steve Kovacic, and Dan Wall.
4. Screening Interviews will be conducted by CPHR Alberta Chief Executive Officer Peter Dugandzic. Interviews of top candidates will be conducted by Board leadership by the end of January, 2019. These interviews will be used to create a slate of the most qualified candidates.
5. The slate of candidates will be presented to the Membership for the Board Election period of March 1 – 15, 2019. All Chartered members are eligible to vote in the Election.
6. Election results will be presented to the Board and Membership during the annual Conference on April 10-11.
Shape the future of CPHR Alberta.
Questions about the CPHR Alberta Board of Directors nominations?