You are here
Webinar - HireNext: A New GPS to Young Talent
Attending this webinar counts as 1 CPD hour - please register and sign-in to ensure you receive a confirmation of attendance email for your CPD log.
About the Webinar
Are you experiencing challenges filling entry-level roles at your company? Worried you’re missing out on diverse young talent (ages 18 – 29), or losing them too quickly? Tamara Balan, Interim Chief Executive Officer, CivicAction will make the case why hiring youth makes dollars and sense, share practical ways to help make your workplaces a more youth-inclusive destination, and highlight cost-effective ways to get the best results from this pipeline of talent.
- Get a crash course on CivicAction’s set of HireNext tools and resources designed to help you better attract, select, onboard, and retain young talent
- Hear the story behind an employer’s journey towards more youth inclusive HR practices - and the benefits they are seeing
- Register for the free HireNext assessment that will help you update your HR policies and practices
About the Speaker
Tamara BalanA seasoned civic leader, Tamara became Interim CEO of CivicAction in February 2020. Tamara has been with the organization for over a decade, becoming COO in September 2018. Under Tamara’s leadership, CivicAction and the CivicAction Leadership Foundation will continue to boost civic engagement and build better cities through its programs.
Tamara has contributed to the evolution of CivicAction from a start-up to a mature, sustainable organization. Tamara led CivicAction’s leadership programs—ELN and DiverseCity Fellows—through several stages of growth, and has led key initiatives on topics like child care, climate resiliency and mobilizing employers to take action on youth unemployment—which includes national expansion of CivicAction’s work.
An active community member, Tamara has served on several Boards and currently sits on the Board of Toronto’s Why Not Theatre. Tamara holds a Bachelors degree in Urban Studies and Political Science from the University of Toronto and in 2012, was named a Vital Person by the Toronto Community Foundation.
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities