You are here
Step up – Take your Rightful Place at the Strategic Table
*Attending this event counts as 1 CPD hour
*Please review our Cancellation Policy before registering
About the Event
Whether you’re working as an internal human resource professional or providing consulting services, you are helping a business achieve its strategic business outcomes. You are a business partner rather than merely a business process step that needs to be checked off. Improving the business unit`s perceptions of the contribution of human resources requires you to step up to the table and take your rightful place.
This session helps you:
- Discover a simple framework to increase the value of everyday conversations with business partners
- Better link the impact of your work to business objectives that matter to your partners and executives
- Help you in turn incoming tactical requests into strategic discussions to `live in the moment`
About the Speaker
Laura Bechard, MBA MEd CPA-CGA
Laura Bechard, a certified facilitator, incorporates 30 years as a learning, change management and business professional into her engaging, interactive sessions. Her professional career in post-secondary education began as a faculty member at an Alberta College where she taught communication courses. In leadership roles, Laura led change initiatives collaborating and engaging both internal and external stakeholders using effective communication strategies and activities. She has also consulted in the property management, health, retail, insurance and energy sectors.
Laura’s certifications include Development Dimensions International Facilitator, PROSCI Change Management Specialist and Chartered Professional Accountant. Laura and her husband, Arnie, are entrepreneurs with business interests in agriculture, property management and consulting. She consults internationally as a business coach and as a performance and learning professional.
Laura currently holds leadership roles with Inclusion Calgary and Junior Achievement and volunteers at community events. Originally from Saskatchewan, the Bechards lived in Lloydminster and Fort McMurray before calling Calgary home. Laura and Arnie have 4 adult children living in Calgary region and abroad (Australia).
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities