You are here
New! Online Event - What about Strategic Leadership: Leadership vs Management
*Attending this event counts as 1.5 CPD hours - please save the confirmation of attendance email for your CPD log.
*Please review our Cancellation Policy before registering
About the Online Event
Effective leadership is one of the most important characteristics in any successful organization but what does that actually mean? How can you lead strategically? We will discuss the difference between leadership and management and the characteristics of effective leaders. We will also explore the 5 practices of exemplary leadership as defined by Kouses and Posner and create action plans for back at work.
What you will learn:
- What is Leadership?
- Are leaders born or made?
- The difference between leadership and management
- The functions of management
- Vision and leadership
- The 5 Practices of Exemplary Leadership
- Develop personal action plans for back at work
About the Speaker
Merri Lemmex MBA-PM, PMP, Managing Partner, Operations, Lemmex Williams Training Inc.
Merri has over 35 years in the training industry, beginning with the development of technical training programs and expanding to include design, development and delivery of regulatory training and management skills courses. Merri has worked in the medical industry including Duke University, Glaxo Smith Kline and the Canadian Medical Protective Association. She has worked in both training and managing projects in high tech including Corel Systems, JIT Learning, and Halogen Software. In addition, she has owned and operated two businesses, and is also an experienced manager in the training function and personnel management of large organizations.
Merri holds a Masters in Business Administration degree with a concentration in Project Management from Athabasca University.
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities