You are here
Mature Worker Action Team Project - Age Friendly Workplace Strategies - Breakfast Speaker Series - Calgary
*Attending this event counts as 3 CPD hours - please save the confirmation of attendance email for your CPD log.
*Please review our Cancellation Policy before registering
About the Event
The population of Calgary, Alberta and of Canada is changing and the economy has experienced numerous changes as well. One of these changes is the fact that workers are aging, and we have fewer young people coming up behind to replace people who may be nearing a retirement age. As well, people do not want to fully retire or are unable to retire by age 60 or 65. They still want to contribute because they are still healthy, energetic and connected to the world of business.
The Mature Worker Action Team Project is in collaboration with Calgary service providers, The City of Calgary and the Government of Alberta in support of getting Calgarians back to work specifically those age 50 plus.
Participate in this free session, designed specifically for employers to learn more about Age-Friendly Strategies and how to implement them within your organization. In this session you will:
- learn the value of hiring and retaining of older adults, and
- gain information regarding age-friendly workplaces.
- Address several barriers and challenges reported by both the mature job seeker as well as employers. The session will provide tactics and materials for employers to engage in an Age-Friendly practices
About the Speaker
Nicole Bourgeois is the Project Coordinator with the Mature Worker Action Team. The Mature Worker Action Team Project is in collaboration with Calgary service providers, The City of Calgary and the Government of Alberta in support of getting Calgarians back to work specifically those age 50 plus.
Nicole has over 20 years of experience in recruitment, human resources and business management. She has obtained a Human Resource Certificate from Bow Valley College and a Certificate in Human Resource Management from Athabasca University.
Nicole’s experience includes over 12 years as an Employment and Inclusion Advisor with Champions Career Centre where she has written and counseled companies of various industries on Inclusion and Accommodation policies, assisted with recruitment and retention strategies and helped them obtain skilled talent. Liaising with employers, associations, community and government agencies, Nicole delivering the message of inclusion of all in the workplace.
- 7:30 am to 8:00 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:00 am to 10:00 am Presentation & Interactive Discussion
- 10:00 am to 10:30 am Q/A & Casual Networking
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities