You are here
H is for Harassment, or is it?
*Attending this event counts as 1 CPD hours - please save the confirmation of attendance email for your CPD log.
*Please review our Cancellation Policy before registering
About the Event
The new Alberta OHS Act introduced in June 2018 requires an employer to identify existing or potential hazards to workers at the work site; this includes harassment. Your employees are to refrain from causing or participating in harassment which is now classified as a hazard at a work site. Can you recognize when a situation constitutes harassment and is a potential hazard to your employees? What is “reasonable conduct” in respect of the management of workers and when has an employee crossed the line? This session will focus on the OHS approach to addressing the hazard of harassment through the review of 6 real life workplace situations.
About the Speaker
Holly Elke has developed, integrated, implemented and evaluated core business systems such as EHS, Quality and Human Resources for over twenty-eight years. Her primary service areas include risk management, occupational health, business system audits, program development/integration, and training services. Her educational achievements include obtaining the CSP (USA), the CRSP, the CPHR and the CMQ/OE.
* For clarification only: Certified Safety Professional (USA), Canadian Registered Safety Professional (Canada), Certified Manager of Quality and Organizational Excellence (ASQ- USA), Chartered Professional in Human Resources Professional (Canada) and a diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology.
- 11:30 am to 12:00 pm Registration & Lunch
- 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm Presentation
- 1:00 pm to 1:30 pm Q&A and Casual Networking
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities