You are here
Emotional Intelligence: Why You Need It Now - Networking at Noon - Edmonton
*Attending this event counts as 1 CPD hours - please save the confirmation of attendance email for your CPD log.
*Please review our Cancellation Policy before registering
About the Event
Today's professionals must interact with many personalities in the workplace. That's why emotional intelligence (EQ) is such a valuable asset. Emotional intelligence is not just your ability to be aware of your own emotions. It also relates to how effective you are at controlling and expressing emotion to others on the job. It involves being able to understand how other people at work feel so you can use that insight to interact with them more effectively.
It’s worth considering EQ as a factor when hiring a new employee. 43% of HR managers surveyed by Robert Half identified increased morale and motivation as the greatest benefit of having workers with high emotional intelligence. Other benefits include improved leadership, better collaboration and effective conflict resolution. 30% of HR managers said they feel like most employers don’t put enough emphasis on emotional intelligence during the hiring process.
Learn about the five key components of emotional intelligence, how to build them and why EQ can be as equally important to IQ in the workplace.
Emotional Intelligence Presentation – Actionable Learnings
1. After attending the Robert Half Emotional Intelligence presentation, HR professionals will know what emotional intelligence (EQ) is and why it is important in the workplace.
2. HR professionals will also learn how to become more emotionally intelligent, how to showcase their skills in this area, and how to identify emotional intelligence in candidates under consideration.
About the Speaker
Evangeline Berube is VP of Recruitment for Robert Half in Edmonton, and is skilled in working with local businesses to determine their staffing needs.
In the 14 years that Evangeline has worked within the recruitment industry, she has witnessed all phases of the job market cycle first-hand. She is thoroughly familiar with the staffing skills that are currently in demand and is an expert in employment trends, especially within the accounting field.
Evangeline graduated from the University of Alberta with a Bachelor of Commerce Degree and is actively involved in professional associations, has spoken at numerous engagements, events and conferences, and is actively involved in community not-for-profits.
- 12:00 pm to 12:15 pm Registration
- 12:15 pm to 1:00 pm Presentation
- 1:00 pm to 1:30 pm Q/A & Casual Networking
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities