You are here
Emotional Intelligence and the Courage to Lead
Attending this webinar counts as 1 CPD hour - please register and sign-in to ensure you receive a confirmation of attendance email for your CPD log.
About the Webinar
Leaders at all levels need to respond adequately to the trends shaping the new business environment. This requires courage. How do you develop the courage of leaders? Leaders require courage to innovate; to be vulnerable which leads to connection and better working relationships; to be accountable; to take risks; to embrace diversity, change and disruption. Join David Cory, M.A., founder of the Emotional Intelligence Training Company Inc., who has been working to develop the emotional intelligence skills of leaders in progressive organizations around the globe for the past 21 years.
- be able to define Courage, Vulnerability, Resilience, Authenticity and Emotional Intelligence
- be able to describe the relationship between Courage and all the requirements of contemporary transformational leadership
- understand the leading model of emotional intelligence and its potential to assist HR professionals to create learning and development programs designed to develop the courage of leaders
About the Speaker
David Cory, B.Ed., M.A.
David Cory, B.Ed., M.A., is a leadership development coach, trainer, and consultant known for his expertise in applying the concept of emotional intelligence to individual and organizational performance improvement. David founded one of the first companies in North America to focus on the development of leadership through emotional intelligence, The Emotional Intelligence Training Company Inc, which celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2018. In the course of his work, David has been an invited guest of the Sultan of Brunei, worked under armed guard in Nigeria, been kicked out of a restricted area in Saudi Arabia, chased by an elephant in Zambia, and sang for royalty in Malaysia. David’s company completed the design of a leadership course based on emotional intelligence for an entire nation. This is a first in the world.
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities