You are here
Creating Future Speakers: CPHR Alberta Train the Speaker Session
*Attending this event counts as 1.5 CPD hours - please save the confirmation of attendance email for your CPD log.
*Please review our Cancellation Policy before registering
About the Event
Have you ever wanted to showcase your knowledge and expertise by being a speaker at a CPHR Speaker Series event? Now is your chance!
We will be hosting the first ‘Train the Speaker’ session in which you will learn how to prepare for, structure and deliver an engaging presentation, while being prepared for set backs. Participants will be able to apply these skills and tools to a real life situation, so come prepared with a solution you have worked on for an HR challenge. In addition, all registrants will submit a speakers abstract that will be critiqued by other registrants.
Alex will walk through the following points:
- Defining your story - The Why
- What does the best presentation look like?
- What are common pitfalls and stumbling blocks?
- Building audience engagement into your presentation
- Delivering on expectations
What to Bring?
Material will be delivered to registered participants in advance. Please come ready to discuss the material.
Participation in this session has a number of benefits, including the opportunity to be a featured speaker at CPHR’s future Speaker Series events. In addition, professional members earn Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours towards their CPHR designation.
About the Speaker
This training session will be facilitated by the talented Alex Andrews. As a regular contributor to Human Resource industry publications and presenter at various events, Alex has been both recognized and sought after for his knowledge on industry, leadership and market trends.
Alex is an experienced speaker, trainer, and facilitator who has worked with hundreds of individuals, from front-line staff to senior executives. Over the years he has facilitated sessions of up to 300 individuals from a variety of industries, including agriculture, oil and gas, healthcare and financial services.
- 7:30 am to 8:00 am Registration & Breakfast
- 8:00 am - 9:30 am Speaking Activity and Presentations
- 9:30 am - 10:00 am Q&A
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities