You are here
Conflict to Innovation - Networking at Noon - Calgary
*Attending this event counts as 1 CPD hours - please save the confirmation of attendance email for your CPD log.
*Please review our Cancellation Policy before registering
About the Event
Creative Change can Emerge from Conflict
William Ury is the author of Getting to Yes, a leading expert in resolving conflict and states "Our present challenge is to change the culture of conflict itself, within our workplaces, our communities, and our world. We must create a culture where even the most serious disputes are handled not on the basis of coercion or force, but from mutual respect and coexistence. Far from eliminating differences, our challenge is to make the world safe for differences.” Join us as Michelle Phaneuf a Calgary Conflict Resolution Professional leads us in a dialogue on how we can structure conversations to ensure participants are in a state of mind to innovate during times of tough transformation.
In this session you will learn to:
- Explore the perception of conflict and what it means to ourselves and others
- Understand the neuroscience of our brain in conflict
- Learn a structure for successful conversations
About the Speaker
Michelle Phaneuf is a Chartered mediator, Certified Coach and trained Ombudsman who utilizes interest-based tools to bring awareness and empathy to manage difficult situations in a non-confrontational manner. As a partner with Workplace Fairness West she has extensive experience supporting organizations with change and conflict. Michelle believes that values-based collaborative dialogue leads to innovation, engagement and productivity.
- 12:00 pm to 12:15 pm Registration
- 12:15 pm to 1:15 pm Presentation
- 1:00 pm to 1:30 pm Q/A & Casual Networking
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities