You are here
The Changing World of Workplace Drug Testing: Empowering Companies through Disruptive Oral Fluid Technologies - CPHR Alberta Webinar
Attending this webinar counts as 1 CPD hour - please register and sign-in to ensure you receive a confirmation of attendance email for your CPD log.
About the Webinar
Workplace drug testing is changing in Canada as there is a fundamental shift from traditional urine-based testing to disruptive oral fluid testing technologies. With the legalization of marijuana, the challenges employers face with drugs & alcohol in the workplace are more dynamic. Addressing these challenges requires multi-pronged strategies. New oral fluid testing technologies, specifically on-site instant screens, are increasingly becoming integral elements of successful strategies to address and mitigate workplace drug & alcohol risk.
You will learn:
- About the science of oral fluid testing technologies
- How these technologies are integrated within company strategies
- How these technologies are empowering Canadian companies
- The difference between how employers and police implement oral fluid testing technologies, as well as
- Available oral fluid technologies today
About the Speaker
Rich Robillard is the Managing Director of SBL Testing Technologies. Rich started in the energy and resource sector almost 25 years ago, working the past 18 years in occupational, health & safety and risk management leadership roles. Since 2006, Rich has worked with start-ups focused on worker physiological and behavioural risk and its business impact, specifically addressing drugs, alcohol and fatigue risk in the workplace. Mr. Robillard received his MBA from the Haskayne School of Business at the University of Calgary in 2008.
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities