You are here
We Have a Complaint, Now What?
*Attending this event counts as 1.5 CPD hours - please save the confirmation of attendance email for your CPD log.
*Please review our Cancellation Policy before registering
About the Event
The session will cover the complaint resolution process and the key investigation skills needed for a successful outcome. Not all complaints are created equal nor are the avenues for resolution. First, we understand the complaint, then what our policies dictate, how serious the impact and finally decide on the type of investigation required. (Bring your policy for reference.)
To provide Human Resource professionals with additional tools to assess complaints in order to determine the best avenue for resolution.
Someone comes into your office with a complaint…
- Interviewing Skills
- How serious is this?
- Policy and legislation
- Knowledge of the workplace
- What is the impact on the complainant and the workplace?
- Internal or External Investigations
- Alternatives to Investigations
About the Speaker
Margery is committed to using complaints to create a more positive workplace by transforming conflict into opportunity. The focus of investigations is to resolve the complaints keeping in mind the goals of the organization and individuals. All parties play a part in creating a cohesive workplace.
Margery Knorr has extensive experience over the last 25 years in managing complex workplace complaints. She has investigated over 300 human rights and bullying complaints. She has extensive knowledge of Federal and Provincial legislation regarding human rights, bullying, harassment, workplace accommodation, health and safety, and related policies.
Margery held the position of Corporate Ombudsman for an international airline, is a corporate coach, trainer and consults with organizations to create practical policies and conflict management systems. She investigates, conducts workplace assessments and consults with corporations, associations, not-for-profits, all levels of government, small business, unions and law firms.">
- 4:30 pm to 5:00 pm Registration
- 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm Presentation & Dinner
- 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm Q/A & Casual Networking
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities