You are here
Putting Dignity at the Heart of Your People Strategy
*Attending this event counts as 1 CPD hours - please save the confirmation of attendance email for your CPD log.
*Please review our Cancellation Policy before registering
About the Event
In today’s climate of rapid change, along with high profile workplace claims of bullying, harassment and marginalization of minority groups, employees are rightfully seeking clarity, respect and inclusion. HR, in turn, is demanding ‘a seat at the table’ and is being challenged to be a true strategic partner to the business.
And there’s the rub. How do we, in HR, truly influence organizational leaders to do the right thing by the people, without coming across as ‘soft’ or ‘ineffectual’?
In this practical, interactive session, emotional intelligence expert, leadership facilitator and organization development professional, Amanda Knight, gets us to consider the essential role dignity needs to play in our people strategies, so that organization goals can be met without destroying culture and engagement.
She will share with us the steps she took to transform a performance management process, and to build an alternative talent review model to the 9-box for succession planning, specifically to support the build of a positive, respectful culture.
Amanda will also help us understand the ‘power paradox’ of leadership, and how to build the essential capability of the 21st century leader, necessary for creating a respectful workplace that values diversity and inclusion.
- Explore what we mean by ‘dignity’ and how it impacts culture, engagement and performance
- Discover the principles of performance management and succession planning design that promote dignity and drive high performance
- Recognize the ‘power paradox’ of leadership and how to build the essential capability of the 21st century leader required for building a respectful workplace that values diversity and inclusion
You will leave this session with a clear perspective on the role dignity has to play in building a respectful and high performing culture, along with tangible tips and tools to shape your people processes and leadership programming. You will then be able to truly influence the build of a positive, empowering employee experience.
About the Speaker
Amanda Knight is an early pioneer of emotional intelligence, and a highly experienced leadership coach, facilitator and trainer. She has worked with hundreds of leaders and teams during the last 20 years and spent the last 6 years in senior HR roles building and promoting respectful workplace practices.
- 12:00 pm to 12:15 pm Registration
- 12:15 pm to 1:15 pm Presentation
- 1:00 pm to 1:30 pm Q&A and Casual Networking
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities