You are here
Project Management for HR Professionals: Dismounting the Activity Treadmill
*Attending this event counts as 2 CPD hours - please save the confirmation of attendance email for your CPD log.
*Please review our Cancellation Policy before registering
About the Event
HR Professionals commonly find themselves feeling like their initiatives and desired outcomes stretch into a never ending loop. Running on the activity treadmill can lead to fatigue, stress and a deflated sense of accomplishment. Add to this the fact that in many situations we are influencers without direct control over actions and outcomes and our outlook can become disheartening.
We all want to make an impact on our teams and our organizations, helping to create a workplace where people can be successful and fulfilled.
Developing project management as a core HR competency can help us to achieve defined change and to develop practices and processes that support us in influencing and achieving positive and meaningful outcomes.
This session will outline the basic strategies for integrating PM skills and ideas into your toolbox.
About the Speaker
David Dial founded Dial Solutions Group in 1996 to work with leaders to spark the energy on the people side of their business. David has worked with for-profit and not-for-profit organizations across Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest and has published his first book: Organizational Orienteering: Building Teams That Accomplish Dreams.
- 7:30 am - 8:00 Registration
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am Presentation (bring your own breakfast)
- 9:00 am - 9:30 am Q&A and Casual Networking
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities