You are here
Mental Health First Aid - Basic
Mental health first aid (MHFA) is the help provided to a person developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. This course focuses on interacting with adults in all environments, and discusses substance related disorders, mood related disorders, anxiety and trauma related disorders and psychotic disorders. You will learn crisis first aid skills for situations including substance overdose, suicidal behaviour, panic attack, acute stress reaction and psychotic episode. The first aid is given until appropriate professional treatment is received or until the crisis is resolved.
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities