You are here
HR Undefined Webinar Series - Accommodating Neurodiversity: Asperger's Syndrome; Non Verbal Learning Disorder; Autism Spectrum Disorders in the Workplace
Attending this webinar counts as 1 CPD hour - please register and sign-in to ensure you receive a confirmation of attendance email for your CPD log.
About the Webinar
This presentation will answer the question, what is neurodiversity? It will take the mystery out of how to accommodate employees who disclose an invisible disability or a different thinking style.
- Develop an understanding of what Autism Spectrum Disorders (Asperger's, Non Verbal Learning Disorder, ASD) are, and how they might present in the workplace.
- Learn methods to recruit and interview neurologically diverse employees.
- Learn how to implement effective accommodations for an employee living on the Autism Spectrum.
About the Presenter
Sarah Taylor is the owner and Principal Consultant at Next Level ASD Consulting and the Project Manager of Spectrum Advantage. In 1996 as a college student, she reluctantly accepted a summer job working with children on the autism spectrum, which would ultimately change the course of her life. Sarah discovered a passion for serving the autism population and went on to train as a Psychometrist and Behavioural Consultant. In 2014, Ms. Taylor made the switch from working with and advocating for children and youth with autism spectrum disorder to designing and implementing a federally funded initiative that provided employment supports for adults with autism and coaching support to partner employers. The project, being one of the most successful of its kind in Canada, has received national acclaim. Sarah’s wealth of knowledge and experience provides a framework to help companies with developing policies, procedures, education and sensitivity training networks that support individuals on the autism spectrum.
Sarah will be presenting in Edmonton at HR Undefined on Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 11:00am - Would You Hire Steve Jobs? The Limitations of EQ Based Hiring
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities