You are here
Helping Parents Thrive, Not Survive
*Attending this event counts as 1 CPD hours - please save the confirmation of attendance email for your CPD log.
*Please review our Cancellation Policy before registering
About the Event
News Flash - People are our most valuable assets so it’s important for us to recognize employees as humans and whole people - including family life.
Returning to work after parental leave can be difficult -- from exhaustion to finding a "new normal" routine, becoming a working parent is a major adjustment.
In this session, Allison will provide:
- Understanding of the value of bringing parents back to workforce & the impact to your bottom line
- Framework on how to audit current parental support strategies
- Tips to help parents thrive in their return to work that won’t break the bank
- Understanding about how these strategies can help retain/attract top talent
About the Speaker
Allison Swelin is on a mission to inspire others to thrive, not just survive. With over 10 years of product management experience, her career has taken her around the world to collaborate with thought leaders and lead strategic initiatives for Garmin, SMART and Motorola. Most recently she spearheaded the creation of the Garmin Health division, co-founded FlexHub to support parents in their transition back to the workforce and a non-profit Culture LabxYYC, which seeks to bring workplace culture to the forefront of business strategy.
Allison is a mother of two children under the age of three!
- 12:00 pm to 12:15 pm Registration
- 12:15 pm to 1:15 pm Presentation & Interactive Discussion
- 1:00 pm to 1:30 pm Casual Networking
Connect with HR professionals who are leaders and influencers within their companies. Advertise today.
- opportunities to reach our 6,000 members.
- Province-wide and regional events
- regular publications and industry-specific surveys
Become a Member
Join a community of 6,000 human resources practitioners and business professionals across Alberta. Members have access to:
- CPHR Alberta Job Source - new human resources jobs posted daily
- Resources - EVA and NKE completion tips and workshops, HR Alberta Trends Reports
- Professional Development opportunities